Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Farmer's Face

Of all the things I have seen on this trip, the faces remain with me most.


But what is the face of a farmer? Is it the food he grows?


Or the food he eats?



The food he eats and the food he grows are not often the same.

In Traditional Japan, is his face his fathers?



In new, metropolitan Japan, is his face his son's? His Daughter's?



After all, the question of the identity of the face is not a new one here.


Or is his face his hands?


http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacificit/2839259760/

The only picture of these that is mine is the first. I worked two days making Mochi with him, he kindly posed with me for a picture. I have edited myself out. All other pictures are creative commons, attribution, non-commercial licenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment