Saturday, September 10, 2011

Action: Setting up a baseline

It’s never too early or too late to set a baseline. Even if you don’t plan on starting brain training any time soon, take five minutes a day and set a baseline. If that’s too much, take fifteen minutes every Saturday to set a baseline. This is perhaps the most important step you can take, because it gives you something concrete to measure against, despite all the dangers of concrete measure.

Here are a few ways you can start setting a baseline:

Dual-N-Back
Measures working memory.


Flash cards:

To really measure your baseline, you will need to set up a number of sets. I'll talk more about how to do this as I do it.

General:
A surprisingly challenging game, probably the most fun of these options:

I look forward to the day that I actually get organized enough to do in-depth reviews and comparisons of these, especially as I attempt to see how something like mind-tree influences my Dual-N-Back task. And yes, I'm probably overthinking this, I really just need to choose one.

No comments:

Post a Comment